Clean Outside Windows Before Winter: There are many benefits of natural light. It controls bacteria and organisms harmful to people. Health benefits attached to natural light is something we cannot ignore. Natural light is helpful in creating Vitamin D, an important nutrient necessary for strong bones and heart. It is effective in beating off seasonal effective disorder (SAD). This disorder occurs due to a lack of sunlight. It can cause depression in people after disturbing their internal clock cycle. Sleeping improves with more exposure to natural light. Spending time in natural light is far better than sitting under artificial fluorescent lights.
5 Ways To Clean Outside Windows Before Winter
If there are too much dirt and dust on your outside windows, it will not let you obtain all the above benefits of natural light. During the winter season, the demand for natural light is at its peak. Our body consistently searches for it. Are your outside windows causing blockade to natural light? Ignoring simple things like cleaning outside windows have negative effects. If you are living in an apartment or in a house, here is our guide on cleaning your outside windows before winter.
If detachment of your outside window is not possible, it is very difficult to clean it. For apartment residents, this task is extra painful. Without the proper tool, the cleaning process could be dangerous to your life. To avoid crisis a magnetic window cleaner would be a wise choice. Microfiber cloths plus cleaning products used together with a magnetic window cleaner can wash both sides of the window. A good cleaning product should dissolve dirt and leave your window streak-free. If you own these appliances, it will take some to get used to it. Avoid pushing quickly for better results.
CLEANING WITH MOP
Proper use of a mop can make the cleaning process easy. Follow these steps for a glowing window.
- Mix water and vinegar in a pot.
- Dip the mop into the solution.
- Rub your outside windows with the mop.
- Move to the next step after most of the dirt is gone.
- Wipe the window after spraying of window cleaner. Better to use streak-free spray.
- Let the window dry up
- After the window is dried wipe it with newspaper for streak-free results.
- Be extra careful to avoid any serious injury
With a U shaped pole, you can rub outside the window from inside your home. The kit should go with cleaning clothes, squeegee, and sponge. It is best for sliding windows. Start with vacuum the window tracks. Place a plastic cloth on the floor and window bracket. To avoid remaining dirt and ice use microfiber cloth. The following tips will help.
- To avoid muddy mess start cleaning the window with a dry rag. In that way, there will be less mess due to spray of cleaner.
- Spray the window with cleaner. Use eco-friendly products available in the market. These products work better than water and vinegar.
- Use clean rags to erase cleaner from the window.
Dirt on screens is the main cause of blockade of natural light in your homes. Another way to clean your windows is to pop them out. You can clean them outside and hose with water. An outdoor space is necessary for this process. If you don’t have one then do this instead.
- Clean dust with a microfiber cloth.
- Use vacuum on screens.
- Mix water with vinegar and spray it on the screens from outside.
- Immediately after spray, wipe it off with a rag.
- A bathtub can also be used after you pop out the screens after dusting and vacuuming.
If you don’t want to clean your windows then robotic technology available in the market. These robots are in the market of The USA since 2013. WINBOT 850 is a powerful product with a quality fan motor. With stronger suction, it cleans efficiently. It is used for vertical glass surfaces. It is easy to use and works quietly.
HIRE A PROFESSIONAL
If you are still not satisfied, it is better to hire a team of professionals for cleaning your windows. It will be less risky and convenient. Your task will be achieved in less time if you go for a professional team.