Pool Table Ball Buying Guide
A pool table ball is a small, hard ball used in the game of pool. Pool is a cue sport played on a table with six pockets, and the object of the game is to sink all of the balls into the pockets. There are many different types of pool games, but all of them require the use of pool balls.
The size and weight of a pool ball varies depending on the type of pool game being played. For example, in eight-ball, each player is assigned a specific color ball, and the object of the game is to sink all of your balls into the pockets before your opponent does. In this case, the balls are usually smaller and lighter than in other types of pool games.
Pool balls are made from a variety of materials, including plastic, clay, and even marble. The most common type of pool ball is the plastic ball, which is usually made from polyester or nylon. Plastic balls are the least expensive type of pool ball, but they are also the least durable. Clay balls are more expensive than plastic balls, but they are also more durable and tend to roll straighter.
Marble pool balls are the most expensive type of pool ball on the market, but they are also the heaviest and most difficult to control. If you are looking for a high-quality pool ball, marble is the way to go. However, if you are just starting out in the game of pool, it is probably best to stick with a plastic or clay ball.
No matter what type of pool game you are playing, it is important to have a good set of pool balls. Pool balls that are not properly cared for can become chipped, cracked, or even broken. If you take care of your pool balls, they will last for many years and provide you with hours of enjoyment.
Things to Consider When Shopping for a Pool Table Ball
When it comes to playing pool, having the right pool table ball is just as important as having the right cue. The ball you use can affect your game in a number of ways, so it’s important to choose wisely. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a new pool table ball:
The first thing to consider is the size of the ball. Pool table balls come in a variety of sizes, from 2-1/4″ to 3-1/2″. The size you choose will depend on the type of pool you’re playing and your own personal preferences. For example, if you’re playing 8-ball, you’ll need to use 2-1/4″ balls. If you’re playing 9-ball, you’ll need to use 2-1/2″ balls. And if you’re playing 10-ball, you’ll need to use 2-3/4″ balls.
The next thing to consider is the material the ball is made from. Pool table balls are typically made from either polyester or phenolic resin. Phenolic resin is the more expensive of the two materials, but it’s also more durable. If you’re looking for a pool table ball that will last a long time, phenolic resin is the way to go. However, if you’re on a budget, polyester is a perfectly acceptable option.
Finally, you’ll need to decide on a color for your pool table ball. The most popular colors are red and yellow, but you can also find balls in green, blue, and even black. Again, the color you choose is entirely up to you and should be based on your personal preferences.
Types of Pool
There are many different types of pool games that can be played on a regulation size pool table. The most popular games are 8-ball, 9-ball, and 10-ball, but there are also variations of these games, as well as other less common games.
8-ball is by far the most popular type of pool played today. It is a game for two players or teams, with each player using a cue ball that is a different color from the object balls. The object of the game is to sink all of your balls, either solid or striped, and then sink the 8-ball in the correct pocket.
9-ball is another popular game that is similar to 8-ball. However, in 9-ball, only the first nine balls are used and they must be pocketed in numerical order. The player who sinks the 9-ball wins the game.
10-ball is a game that is played with ten balls instead of fifteen. It can be played with two players or teams, but it is most commonly played as a singles game. The object of the game is to simply sink all ten balls before your opponent does.
Now that you know what to look for in a pool table ball, it’s time to start shopping! There are a number of great online retailers that sell high-quality pool table balls, so take your time and find the perfect set for your needs.
Pool Table Ball set up
The cue ball is always placed at the head spot before the game begins. It is then put into play by the player Break Shot- After the cue ball is in place at the head spot, the players then take turns shooting at the racked balls with their pool cues in an attempt to break them apart. If a player sinks a called pocketed shot during their break shot, they get to continue shooting until they miss or foul.
There are fifteen object balls that are used during a game of pool. These balls are racked in a diamond shape with the eight ball placed in the middle and the one-ball at the foot spot.
The foot spot is located at the bottom of the pool table, on the opposite side from the head spot. It is where the one-ball is placed during the initial break shot set up.
The head spot is located at the top of the pool table, directly in front of where the cue ball is placed for the break shot.
The rails are the protective edge around the playing surface of a pool table. They keep wayward balls from bouncing out of bounds and keep players from leaning over too far when taking their shots.
The pockets are the six holes located at the corners and sides of a pool table. They are where the balls are meant to be pocketed during game play.
Steps to Setup pool table balls
- String a chalk line across the center of the pool table, perpendicular to the long rails. This will be your guide for placement of the pool balls.
- Place the cue ball at the head spot, and then place the other balls in a diamond shape around it. The point of the diamond should touch the chalk line.
- The eight ball goes in the center of the diamond, and the one-ball goes at the foot spot, on the opposite side of the table from the cue ball.
- Once all of the balls are in their correct positions, you’re ready to start playing!
Q: What size pool table ball do I need?
A: The size of the ball you need depends on the type of pool you’re playing. For 8-ball, you’ll need a 2-1/4″ ball. For 9-ball, you’ll need a 2-1/2″ ball. And for 10-ball, you’ll need a 2-3/4″ ball.
Q: What material are pool table balls typically made from?
A: Pool table balls are usually made from either polyester or phenolic resin. Phenolic resin is more expensive but also more durable.
Q: Can I use any color pool table ball?
A: The most popular colors for pool table balls are red and yellow, but you can also find balls in green, blue, and black. Ultimately, the color you choose is up to you and should be based on your personal preferences.
GoSports Regulation Billiards Balls - Complete Set of 16 Professional Balls, Multi
4 used from $20.44
- REGULATION SIZE: Includes a complete set of regulation size and weight billiards balls - 15 balls plus cue ball for classic billiards games
- RACK 'EM UP: Enjoy classic games of 8 ball and 9 ball!
- Balls measure 57mm and weigh 6oz each, making them great as extras and replacements for GoSports Billiards Table or any other similar tables
- PREMIUM BUILD: Made from premium quality resin for a polished look and countless games of billiards with friends and family
- AMERICAN BRAND: GoSports is a US Company with US Customer Support 100% satisfaction
JAPER BEES Deluxe Billiard Ball/Pool Ball Set Complete 16balls Regulation Size&Weight Resin Ball
$49.95 in stock
- ★DELUXE QUALITY:High quality Resin Pool balls with Higher Gloss Shine and Longer Last Color. These Billiard Balls are More Durable, is Great As an Upgrade of the Billiard Balls Come with Your Table or a Value Option of Gift.
- ★HOLIDAY GIFTS:If You're Looking for a Holiday Gift for the Billiard Player Person in Your Life, or Prepare a Set of New Billiard Balls for Family Union, Look NO Further!Our Billiard Balls Makes for a Great Billiard Gifts for Friends and Family.
- ★REGULATION SIZE:These Pool Balls are Standard Size 2-1/4" in Diameter and Regulation Weight 6OZ, Modern number style, Complete Set of 16 Billiard Balls.
- ★PLAY LIKE A PRO:These Billiard Balls Have Perfect Roundness and Consistent Weight. It's Imperative for Your Hitting, so You Able to Control the Roll More Predictably for the Run Out. They are Smooth No Wobbles and Sound Just Right When the Cue Ball Hits Another Billiard Ball.
- ★PEACE OF MIND：Your Deserve our Quality Assurance and Quality Issue Money Back Policy. We Ensure 100% Money Back of Any Quality Issue on Our Billiard Balls. We will Handle the Issue for You within 12 Hours after Receiving Your Email.
Billiard Balls Set Pool Table Balls Marble-Swirl Style 16 Ball Set
- ★GORGEOUS MARBLING: Crafted from high grade polyester resin. Provides excellent durability and bounce. Full billiard balls set of dark marble swirl unique style pool balls features a hardened fade-resistant Luster Technology coating for superior scratch resistance. Colors are rich and shiny. Ensuring superior play-ability.
- ★TRUE ROLL: Each billiard balls are produced to the most exacting tolerances, meeting all professional quality benchmarks for size, roundness, density, balance, weight, color, and hardness. These true roll and more responsive rebound billiard balls helps you make a perfect play, bring the best out of yourself.
- ★COMPLETE SET: Pool balls marble set includes complete 16 billiard balls. Pool balls billiard set with standard 2-1/4 inch in diameter and 6 oz +/- 0.1oz in weight. High friction resistance. The pool balls billiard set comes with an attractive packaging. Perfect gift option.
- ★FOR ALL SKILL LEVEL PLAYERS: The billiard balls can be enjoyed by friends and family. The beautiful unique pool table balls provide hours of friendly competition. And surely, they will be a highlight of your next party. Everyone will ask where you got them from. Perfect for professional training.
- ★RISK FREE SHOPPING: Within 90 days of your purchase, we will refund your money and or replace your purchase if you have any issues with it. Any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Billiard Balls Set 2-1/4" Regulation Size Pool Table Balls for Replacement (16 Resin Balls)
- Well-balance and spin for jump shot and trick shot. This pool balls billiard set has uniform density, easy to roll up and control.
- This Billiard Balls Set includes 16 billard balls, 7 striped balls, 7 solid colored balls, 1 black eight ball, and 1 cue ball.
- The Pool Table Ball set is in official size and weight, measured 2-1/4” in diameter, weigh 6 oz for each ball.
- Premium and durable pool balls set, this pool balls billiard set is made of high-end resin with special formulation for strike-resistance and better sturdiness.
- Perfect Round, Smooth running, and vibrant elasticity, the pool ball set is ideal for pool table balls replacement, with excellent bounce and elastic, this pool balls billiard set could bring you a fantastic game experience!
Empire USA Billiard Economy Ball Set, 2.25-Inch
2 used from $25.88
- Set of high quality billiard ball, made by high quality resin, each ball are polished to perfect balance of roundness
- They are made by premium quality resin for maximum durability
- Each ball are made to 2-1/4" which is the standard size worldwide
Collapsar AAA Grade Billiard Pool Table Billiard Ball Set,2-1/4" Regulation Size Full of 16 Resin Billiard Balls(Several Styles Available) (Art Number with Black Circle Style)
- Premium quality billiard balls made of resin,professional-grade billiard ball set
- Each billiard balls are produced to the most exacting tolerances,meeting all professional quality benchmarks for size, roundness, density, balance, weight, color, and hardness. ensuring superior playability and durability
- Billiard ball set with standard 2-1/4 inch in diameter and 5.92oz +/- 0.1oz in weight ,High friction resistance.
- Billiard ball set features a hardened fade-resistant Luster Technology coating for superior scratch resistance and long color life.
- Pool balls billiard set includes 16 balls,1-15 ball and 1 white cue ball,The set comes with a collapsar pure white box.
BETTERLINE Billiard Balls Set, Pool Table Triangle Ball Rack and 9-Ball Diamond Rack (Wood), 5 Cue Chalks and 2 Table Spot Stickers - Pool Table Accessories
- COMPLETE BILLIARD BALL SET: This billiard pool ball set includes 16 balls including a cue ball, wooden triangle rack, wooden diamond rack, bonus 5 cue chalk cubes, and bonus 2 table spot stickers. Perfect for your home pool table, community center, game room, man cave or billiards club.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY BALLS: Each pool ball is made of high-grade poly resin calibrated and polished to perfection. Each ball measures the standard size of 2.25 inches in diameter and weighs the standard weight of approximately 5.5 ounces (cue ball weighs 6 ounces)
- PREMIUM SOLID WOODEN RACKS: The rigid frames of both the triangle billiard rack and the diamond 9-ball pool rack are made from high-quality solid hardwood and are very durable
- BONUS ACCESSORIES: Every billiard game needs a cue chalk cube. This set includes 5 cue chalks. You never know when the pool table needs a new spot on the table. This set has 2 spot stickers for you.
- 100% HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE: BetterLine strives to provide quality products and service. While our products are made of high-quality material, should you have any issue with your purchase, feel free to contact us for a full refund or exchange. Your happiness with your purchase is our #1 priority!
GAMESUN 2-1/4”(57.15mm) Pool Ball Set, Pool Table Balls, Complete 16 Marble Billiard Ball Set
- Marble Billiard Ball Set
ISPiRiTo Billiard Ball Set Regulation Size 2-1/4 Inch Pool Balls Set Complete 16 Balls American Style Resin Balls Pool Table Accessories
- 2-1/4 Inch Regulation American Pool Ball Set, Includes 15 Numbered Balls and 1 White Ball
- This billiard balls set were made of high quality polyester resin, high density make them anti scratch and durable; perfect rounding and balance ensure a smooth shot.
- Each Balls were Calibrated and Polished for Perfectionism
- Classic Art Number Style, Perfect for House and Bar Use
- Package: boxed packed with cotton base to protect the balls from colliding with each other
DAD 5IVE Mini Billiards Pool Ball Set
$16.99 in stock